Translate

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not tonight, Julia



Well, by the time I got to the restaurant they'd already bought the pieces they needed and my paintings sat at home "all dressesed up and no place to go". These things happen (Especially to gals like me) but I did make some interesting discoveries, the best of which is that I am making progress. In the last 7 years I've managed to get rid of HALF of the paintings I arrived with(In case you're wondering about numbes I've got 44 left in various stages of completion). I've sold a few, donated some for auction, given lots away, painted over a few and destroyed enough to vent a bit of frustration now and then so I'm managing to get out of my own way and starting to feel like creating some new things so I'm feeling pretty good about it anyway. In our own ways we all "make the best of things" and these days I get a kick out of the fact that it's in style again-don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment