Translate

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Horse of a different color

As I sort through things in the studio there were a couple of Swedish Dala horses dropped off by a friend years ago which finally got my attention. I decided to take a more traditional approach on the red one and " play "a bit with the orange one which probably won't surprise him a bit. I just finished the red one yeaterday and it's already got a home but as you can see I'm likely to be working on that orange one for quite a while yet, Thanks Ron. Yes, Karen that cigar box is up next. No real plan for it yet probably just a few flowers and leaves here and there where the varnish is thin and a clear coat over the top. That poor chair to the left needs some attention too. I keep changing my mind and it's had several incarnations already...but it's been fun !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia
    I like the orange horse. Knowing you, you will have it done soon.

    ReplyDelete