Translate

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sunflowers



Somehow I've always felt that sooner or later I'd have to try my hand at sunflowers too. I tried working with live ones but had a number of problem with nature (too many bees) and neighbors (letting their dog run loose in my yard then chasing it and yelling when they realized I'd noticed it) I got so frustrated that I destroyed the painting (although it had been going well and was well on it's way to being finished). Anyway, I thought I'd give it a try from the photos I'd shot of the yard and garden and these pictures show the beginning of that journey. I'm not sure how long I'll be working on this one but it's peaceful (and safe) in the studio and I'm pleased with the progress so far. I'm hoping to get some input and ideas on how (or if) to proceed from your comments so please take a minute to let me know what you think. Thanks.







No comments:

Post a Comment