Translate

Monday, January 18, 2010

Splat


Some days are just a waste of paint and time. Whenever I head into the studio I'm never quite sure where the work will lead and as you can see, today it went nowhere fast. Laying out a few colors and moving them about with knives and brushes will usually stir something up but today all it stirred up was dust. (We'd been sawing lumber in there the last couple of days for yet another project I haven't written about--don't worry, you haven't missed much)
Tomorrow I'll approach things from another angle and start out with one of my favorite photos from last years garden. If nothing else it will be a nice diversion from a winter that's been much too cold and expensive (now that I need to heat the studio as well). Perhaps worrying about that is what put a crimp in the 'ol creativity today

No comments:

Post a Comment