Translate

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Still Paintin' after all these years

This photo is about 40 years old and I'd painted flowers and vines over the jeans and shirt and other designs on my canvas tennis shoes. I've painted a lot of other things since then and never given it too much thought, perhaps I was just too busy doing it to think about it.
Now, I'm just a bit amazed that it never occurred to me to wonder about the course my life was taking and so much of it slipped by when I wasn't looking that I find myself wondering what else is out there for me, was there something I missed?
Today I'm thinking it over but tomorrow I'll be covered in paint and it won't matter until the next quiet moment when I wash out my brushes and consider other lives and possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment