Translate

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Art, imitating life, imitating art

Somehow it amused me today to see the painted chair sitting in front of the painting OF a chair. What's with all those roses anyway? I guess they amused me at the time. The ones IN the painting were because that's what the upholstry fabric looked like (more or less). But there's no real reason for them on the painted chair other than habit or the return to an old theme like a forgotten reflex.

The fact that I've moved the chair off the drawing table means that I'm morte or less ready to finish it and move on to something else. I'm considering it progress of a sort as there are so many other things that a person can do with a day and the resources availabe. All things worth considering, Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment