Translate

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Back to my Paints

After spending a few days with fabrics it felt really good to get back to my paints again. Nothing exciting ,just a small floral featuring some of my favorite blue & white china pieces. I'm not sure if the intensity of the things I'm feeling as I work actually come through in the painting or not but then I'm just getting started on this one and we can follow it through together. Be sure to leave a comment or two along the way to let me know what is ( or isn't) working in the painting so far and I'll keep you posted on it's progress. It's a small piece at just 8X10 inches but I've already been at it for a few weeks just building up the background areas and blocking in the leaves and the area for the vase. So far I'm pleased with it but I can't tell whether it's because of how it looks or just how good I feel while I'm doing it. That's why I write this blog, I can't be objective about it so it's good to hear what other people think about it. Thanks for taking a few minutes to read & comment. It makes this more interesting for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment