Translate

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wildflowers


A lot of color running around the yard these days so I'm rounding up a lot of things and putting them into planters and various flower beds. I made a card out of the photo I took of the lily of the valley and then started a watercolor based on that. After I finish the watercolor I'll try them again in either pencil or paint. Everything moves pretty fast this time of year so it's unusual for me to work from photos (I usually do that over the winter) I'm just more or less caught in a loop attempting to find the best ways to capture the lily of the valley before they're gone...and then I'll move on to other things, including the Iris that will be blooming next. I got a bit sidetracked transplanting some roses but I'll be back to paper and paint projects by the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are georgous, I love the drawings!

    ReplyDelete