Translate

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting Started on an Idea

As I was looking through some garden catalogs I began to imagine a garden based on an arbor and a bench I found in them. The backgrounds gave me some basic ideas of how I wanted them arranged and what should be added to pull them together so I took it slow. Making my first attempts at the arbor in watercolors. I am not pleased with the results but willing to share them here to remind people that not all your efforts will turn out the way you want them to but each time we reach out and try something a bit new or out of our comfort zone we grow and what it does for our spirit and our mood is far more important than what happens on the paper or canvas. I'm more comfortable working in acrylics so that's where I'll make my next attempt to pull this all together. I'll post results as soon as I have any. Keep painting, drawing, sewing or doing anything and everything that takes your mind off your troubles and have some fun with the bits and scraps that life throws your way. We'll all be better for it.

1 comment: