Translate

Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Once more, with feeling"

I'd been painting the last of the birdhouses Doug built this year and was running out of ideas until I found these pictures of Polish pottery in a catalog yesterday. Some of these brushstrokes and color combinations will go great with the bright colors, lines and dots I already had on it. I also get to combine all of the things I love to do because I arranged the catalog clippings in such a way that I can write a letter on it to a favorite Aunt who's been a tireless cheerleader when I get discouraged and who always loves hearing about all the crazy, quirky and creative things I do. Whether the birdhouse "turns out" or not several of us will have enjoyed the process and each other so I think it's a "win, win" situation. I'll be adding the birdhouse pictures soon so keep reading, watching and let me know what you think-Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment