Translate

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Moving on

I showed this painting to a couple of gals yesterday and as I was answering questions about it the thought occurred to me that I'd better start writing down the stories behind some of these paintings.
After a decade or so this painting finally has a name. I'm calling it "Moving On" because it tells the story of the chaos and upset of leaving my first house after 22 years and how I got through it to the peace and quiet of the garden in my second house (shown through the window at the center of the painting). I worked on this painting on and off for several years from the late 1990's until 2007.
I'm very fond of it for a number of reasons but have no room for it so will be selling it as soon as a suitable buyer (and offer) can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment