Translate

Friday, January 21, 2011

15 below and more to go

A lot of winters I used to try a bit of indoor gardening this time of year but this year I'm embracing the time off from gardening to enjoy the seed catalogs and sort through my photos from last seasons plants. The TV news is saying the wind chill is 29 below and I'm thinking how delicious it is to be indoors and see where the day takes me. I re worked a scrapbook of my old Iris projects over the last couple of days and thought it might be fun to list the number of ways I've  managed to celebrate my favorite flower over the years.
Iris:
Oil Paintings
Acrylic Paintings
Watercolor Paintings
Pen and ink Drawings
Colored Pencil Drawings
Embroidered Pillowcases
Embroidered Dish Towels
Embroidered Table Linens
Embroidered on Clothing
Painted on Dishes
Painted on Furniture
Painted on a Wall Mural
You'd think that after all of that I would have explored all of the design possibilities but the season is short and I like to work from the live ones in my garden. Winter gives me lots of time to think, plan and keep working on it all. Are a dozen ways really enough? That's the challenge that keeps me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment