Translate

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gardening P's, Planning, Planting, Painting

We're still months away from seeing the soil, let alone planting in it. The garden catalogs fill my mailbox and my imagination, I cut a lot of them up and decorate the borders of my letters while I try to decide which sorts of things I'd really like to grow this year.

The main thought I come back to is how quickly it all goes once the season finally gets here. I prefer to work from fresh flowers because you just can't capture the way the petals feel, move or smell from photos.

My plan this year is to get started now painting backgrounds with some of my favorite dishes on them. That way they'll be ready when the blooms finaly arrive and I can focus all of my time and attention on the flowers themselves this season. I'll let you how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment