Translate

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A yarn about crocheting



The afghan is either going to a shelter for families or the veterans home, (it's funny that you have to remind people that a lot of vets are women). I'd also finished another hat that I gave to that program with the schools but didn't have a chance to take a picture of that one. Anyway, I'd like to thank Karen again for the yarn she dropped off and the good work it did and then it's on to other things.
The hat you see pictured here is one of the things I've been working on with my own yarns as I look for an easy pattern I can use to make a few things to sell and keep things going around here. They'd also make nice gifts this time of year. I keep experimenting with the type and number or strands of yarn used as well as different sizes of hooks. So far this looks promising and only takes 13 rows to finish. After all we might as well make things fun if we can. Wish me luck and do a bit of crocheting yourselves. It makes the time fly and keeps everyone warm, what could be better than that on a cold winter day?

No comments:

Post a Comment