Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Second Time Around

It's actually more than the second time around for decorating shoes and clothing. I've been painting on everything since I was a kid so designing my images on them now feels like I've finally made it happen in a more real and lasting way and I love it that they're printed on instead of hand painted  in acrylics which sometimes made things stiff or shiny. These photos are from the 1990's so it's taken me a long time to get where I wanted to go with this idea and I'm looking forward to seeing where it will take me next.

The dishes of course were another matter though also done in the 1990's with a paint that had to be fired in the oven which of course was pretty awful to live with. You couldn't just cook dinner after that so it complicated life for a while. I'm excited now to be able to put my images on all sorts of dishes and other things without all the inconvenience and the smell. People are always saying "it doesn't get any better than this" but in my experience I can can say that it certainly does so hang in there and keep trying. It's taken decades but I really feel it's been worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment