Translate

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springing into my day

The calendar says it's spring but we woke to snow and ice. Hot Coffee and fresh baked caramel rolls cheered me up and made the house smell wonderful ...which of course is a pretty good trick as those of you that have been here know.
 It's hard to believe that just a few days ago the birds were back at the feeders outside my dining room window. Just a few feet from this window hangs a painting that I did of summer at the lake so I shot photos of that to take to work this morning at http://www.zazzle.com/julia_art*
I'm not sure what I can do with this but I had a lot of fun putting yesterdays watercolor on a lot of things before dropping it in the mail and sending it to a friend.

Something interesting happened after I posted about using both hands to draw yesterday. Later that evening (or early this morning, depending on how you look at things) I read issue 3, March 25,2011 all*you magazine which ran a section called "Power your brain" and there, on page 54 it said "mix it up. if you're right handed, use your left hand...changing your habits can strengthen the pathways that deliver information to the brain and sharpen your thinking. The same goes for learning a new skill..."
It didn't mention art or using BOTH hands at the same time but I seem to be on the right track with all of this and I'd love to hear your comments on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment