Translate

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Free Lunch

People are always saying "there's no free lunch" but then again maybe they're not the sort of people who clip coupons. We had buy one get one free coupons for burgers and concrete mixers at Culver's so we each grabbed a coupon, got our goodies and ended up with lunch for two at $7.70 so if you think about it one of us got a free burger and ice cream. The food was great and plenty filling and an added bonus was watching the geese enjoy the great weather and each others company on the little drainage pond next to the parking lot on the way in to lunch.
I'll bet you're wondering why I'm writing about this here but art supplies are expensive and saving money to pay for them is an important part of what we do here.
Besides that, with the economy being what it is these days, every little bit helps and I'm sure the information will come in handy for you as well.
I wish I'd been able to get a picture of those geese in that cartoon like pose where their sillouettes make a heart. They usually show it with swans but the geese seemed to be enjoying it just as much as were the surveyors who stopped a moment to watch.
This little quick stop for fast food was a great pause and a pleasure in the midst of an otherwise busy day.
I hope you take a moment to enjoy all these little things that slip by most people, it's well worth it.
I also had to laugh that at my favorite table there were tiny rainbow bits as the sun bounced off the light fixture in that little bay window...not as many rainbows as my solar crystal create, but welcome just the same.
You just can't be unhappy in a room with rainbows...

No comments:

Post a Comment