Translate

Friday, June 24, 2011

Better Weather

We had some rainy days so I reached in Carol's scrap bag and made a couple more tote bags. The denim one had been bits of a shirt that I put together in a way that saved most of the embroidery and bordered the bag nicely. There's not much to say about the small bag except that the lining had been part of another shirt at one time. I'm sure everyone will get a lot more use out of these.
After the sewing the sun came out again so of course I headed for the garden. Here are a few of the latest pictures:

I don't know quite what to say about the garden, it's always an untidy mess but I love it. You never quite know what will be blooming next and It's nice just to sit and listen to the birds while resting up from the latest bit of weeding and transplanting. I keep thinking I should work harder at it but it's more fun to draw, paint and photograph than it is to enjoy from the end of a shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment