Translate

Friday, September 23, 2011

Preparing for winter in the Paintersgarden

I'm not doing much out in the garden these days except for a bit of clean up but as you can see the squirrels keep busy picking up the walnuts and tucking them into all of my planters, Yes, they're doing quite a job re-arranging the hosta too.

Like a lot of people we're having to make the choice on what areas to heat this winter so I'm rounding up all of the paintings and trying to incorporate them into our living spaces. This Iris oil doesn't take much room but some of the other pieces are presenting more of a challenge.

I've been hoping for years to find a restaurant or coffee shop that wants these. Having them stacked next to the sofa was never a plan...

These are just sitting on the floor in the corner right now. One thing for sure is that I'm glad  I've gone to working on 8x10 inch panels that can be kept in the bookcase. There just isn't room for large scale work or the big easel in a 400 square foot living space.
Yes, these are things that make winter a pretty interesting season around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment