Translate

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunflowers in the Round materials list and details

The sketch is done in a round format because I plan to use this painting to design a necklace, key ring, magnets, coasters and stickers.

I like to use Liquitex Professional Acrylic Artist Color Heavy Body. The colors used here are: Titanium White, Ivory Black, Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Hooker's Green, Sap Green, Light Blue Permanent and Cadmiun Yellow .

I'm using 2 8x10 inch canvas panels. One for the painting and another to lay my paints out on (this will become a painting of it's own later, I'm building a textured surface at this point) Place a small dab of blue and a small dab of white on the blank canvas panel but do NOT mix them there. I prefer to use a #8 flat or round brush  and pick up a bit of each color which I tap lightly and make small cross strokes on the painting which blend them some but produces a mottled, cloud like background.

I had some extra white left on my other board so I began using that with the yellow and raw sienna to make the flower petals more prominent.

now comes the fun part!!! Any extra paint on the other board gets spread out and worked with a pallet knife which of course is where some of the wild backgrounds for my other work start.
There's lots more to go on this painting but I'll take a break here.

No comments:

Post a Comment