Translate

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tie Dye to the Rescue

I'm always getting paint on my clothes and when I don't have any luck getting it out  I figure I might as well add some more color.

I was pleased to see that things have changed a lot over the years when it comes to dye and setting methods. (I've been doing this off and on since the 1960's) My new favorite product comes in premixed spray bottles and  the finished garment just needs to be tossed into the dryer to heat set it.

I just did the old shirt (a "jammie" top I've been "living" in all summer) up with rubber bands and twisting. Then began spraying on the dyes.

I haven't done this in years but it was fun.

It needs to air dry before you remove the rubber bands and again afterward before you toss it into the clothes dryer.

THE EXCITING THING:
I discovered while reading the instructions for this kit that you can also use these dyes to to watercolor painting on your clothes and linens and I can't wait to try that!!!
I've found these little 3 bottle dye kits at both
Target and Menards so you can probably get one just about anywhere for under 10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment