Translate

Monday, October 10, 2011

High School Poetry

It always amazing what turns up when I decide to sort things out around here. Today it was bits of poetry that I wrote back in the 1970's


          "Many small lines of pen and ink, many years of my life
            tied up with small strings"

This piece is called "And Then to say, I Love you"

"Passing in the night, words and gentle movements
painting shadows across the mind of the child love

The beauty of the evening is only surpassed by the
beauty of our moment

Knowing even your secret thoughts-being together is
the best thing that can happen to anyone

Crimson evening bathed beautiful by the pale
light of the moon

Today is the best we've ever known, making it
as if I've just seen life for the first time

It seems that eternity begins as the pleasures
gently wash away the pains and the hurt

How else is it to be said unless it is felt?
Translated by your every mood into
those beautiful movements

Yet morning brings the sun into the
lives of all of us and then my love
How will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment