Translate

Friday, October 28, 2011

Jack of all trades, Master of none

 Sometimes I'll use small canvas panels as palettes in case the way the paints are laid out begins to go somewhere and develop into a painting.
 As I sat down to work I thought about my Grandma, when introducing me to people she'd say"Yes, she's a Jack of all trades and master of none". It used to bum me out but I have to admit the old gal was right. I've been so obsessed with painting ever since I was a kid that I never really learned how to do anything.
 Believe it or not, I'm OK with that. It means that I keep trying things whether I succeed or not and every day is an opportunity to surprise someone...including myself.
I picked up a brush when I went back to that painting, I'm not sure if it's going anywhere yet but I'm enjoying it. I think I'll go all Jackson Pollack on it next. I'll have to work out in the yard so it should amuse the wildlife and the neighbors...
Anyone up for a little "drive by art"?

No comments:

Post a Comment