Translate

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Making Your Own Calendar, Mine's Got iris

 There are many places where you can make your own calendar. Mine are on Zazzle but there are lots of other options available.
 The first thing I discovered was that I didn't have 13 watercolors of Iris (12 for the inside and one for the cover) so I sat down to take a couple of days and paint a few which did me good on a number of levels. I highly recommend it (but then painting is my answer to everything) you might want to give it a try and see if it helps keep your mind off your troubles too, it's been proven to help relieve all sorts of pain. It feels great when it goes well and it helps you blow off steam if it's going badly. Either way, you win.
 I'm beginning to enjoy the stained glass look you get when you layer waterproof ink on top of watercolor. This one was done on the corner of an envelope and Yes, I did mail it along with the previous watercolor. I'm still doing all of my watercolors on note cards made of heavy duty watercolor paper so that I can share them with my family and friends as well as using them to design fun products we can all use. I find it more satisfying than a gallery show and still aspire to be a Dixie cup or Kleenex box so everyone can enjoy the work I've been doing.
I spent a little more time on this one doing some shading and trying to indicate the curves of the petals but without live ones to work with or the ability to adjust my lighting there wasn't much I could do along those lines. That's OK, I'll give it another try next season. As always I wish you happy painting and brighter days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment