Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The fifty six cent Breakfast

 Breakfast for 2 starting at $1.12 (I haven't quite figured out the per cup or per pot price of making coffee at home or the cost of 2 old hamburger buns with butter and cinnamon sugar. It can't be much, the cinnamon came from the dollar store last month.) There's a lot in life we can't control but as an artist I CAN control the presentation and make it pretty...It's fun to play with your food!
 I've been picking up individual fruit at our local Target store because it's priced by the piece instead of by the pound so you always know exactly how much it's going to cost you. Bananas are 24 cents and apples run between 54 and 74 cents.
Yesterday they were 64 cents so I just grabbed one.  
Since the tops of hamburger buns are thicker than the bottoms you can split them in two before buttering them and adding the cinnamon sugar. I toss them in a  375 degree oven but you could do them up any number of other ways depending on whether or not you have a kitchen or appliances to work with. Let me know if you want me to include those ideas as well.

Few artists make a living at their work so I plan to include a lot more survival techniques so that we can pursue the work we love without becoming those starving artists people hear about.

No comments:

Post a Comment