Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Potholder Patterns, Friendship and the meaning of life

 The gal who taught me to crochet these potholders 30 years ago couldn't remember where she'd learned it and I continued to make them and teach others ever since. It got to be kind of a joke that when people were over at the homes of friends and family and saw them they's say "I see Julie's been here". Yesterday I took a few over to donate to the Senior Center Kitchen so of course today I'm making more of them and you never know where they'll go next.
I finally found the pattern in print on page 30 and 31 of this book which should be available at your local library or book store. If you can't find them there my copy is listed on either Amazon or half, I don't quite remember but I'm sure a lot of other sellers have them to so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it and there are a lot of other great patterns in it as well.

As far as the meaning of life goes, it's different for everyone...for me it's creating something useful and having fun helping someone else do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment