Translate

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Company for Tea and the attack of the creeping craft monster

I've been cleaning and organizing the house trying to get ready for friends that are dropping by this afternoon and as always there are a hundred distractions from the task at hand.

Still, I kept at it and then I thought it would be so much nicer if I had some pretty place mats. Not having any cash or transportation didn't really slow me down as I headed to the lair of the "dreaded creeping craft monster" (otherwise known as the 17 by 36 inch front hall closet where a lot of my supplies "live" these days. )

I'd already "found" the box I keep my patterns in some days ago so so getting to the 3 boxes of fabric I had left only required moving 4 other projects out of the way.

What a relief! I often expect everything to come tumbling out and start taking over the house...again...

Bravely I stack and stuff and beat it all back into place. Another small victory over the "creeping craft monster" that is my companion here, sometimes my nemesis, and often my comfort.

All that remains now is to see if I can get those place mats made in time for tea or whether I'll get caught up in a bunch of other projects as I sort through the bins in search of just the right fabric for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment