Translate

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flinging Paint, part of the process and fun

I need to start a new portrait today and I suppose that most people would just begin with that but as you've notices before-I am not most people.
My plan is to fling paint at another canvas until I'm relaxed and reach a point of clarity and focus that will allow me to do the detailed and delicate work required to reflect people in paint.

Taking time to blow off steam is an essential part of my creative process, some paintings take a lot out of me. The better ones make me really hungry and tired but I can't get anywhere if I don't start that journey.

 Attitude is important, first because you have to be willing to go wherever the work takes you and second there's the more practical aspect that the amount of tension that you're feeling will affect the pressure that you put on your brush as well as the speed and shape of the stroke it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment