Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

People are flowers too

I've been painting flowers for 44 years and always said "I don't do people". I'd made occasional attempts at them over the years but didn't begin to take it seriously until this year. On the first two I went on instinct and as I started the third I decided I needed help so I began to watch portrait painting videos on the internet. Rather than helping me the wide assortment of painters and techniques confused me more so I just grabbed my paints and gave it another try.
Finally, it dawned on me that it's all the same thing, the only real difference between flowers is the shape and size of the petals and the only difference between people are the shapes and sizes of the features. Looking at it this way should make things a lot easier from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment