Translate

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Money Changes Things

A lot has been said over the years about artists and money. People often ask "do you sell your art?" or say "you could sell that" but the conversation stops when you say "yes" or "I'd like to". Why is that?
Art done well is expensive yet if we think about how much each little thing costs we get jammed up and can't work.
Yes, we need money but when you focus on that it blocks your creativity.
Historically that's why someone else generally handled the money.
People are always telling me what I should do which amazes me because I mind my own business (or lack of business) and would never dream of doing that. It probably explains why a lot of us become hermits. We just want to do the things that feel important and don't want anyone to mess with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment