Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Making Mowing easy

If you're older or disabled basic yard work can be a challenge. The thing I find most useful is to have lots of seating areas so that you can rest whenever you need too.
My husband and I are on our second day of mowing the lawn. We each have a mower his is one we've had since the 1970's and you can read how he repaired it on his blog  http://canyoudougit.blogspot.com and mine is one we bought 10 years ago. I start mowing the front yard and he starts in the back. We start at the edges so that even if we don't finish it all at once the neighbors can tell that we're working on it and I've designed the landscaping so that areas between flower borders are like several small yards so that it's less noticeable whether it's all done or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment