Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Money saving plan for a new rose garden

Here's a page from my sketchbook as I'm kicking around plans for improving the garden next year using just the items that I have on hand.
The new rose border will go in front of the wildflower border so that the view from the street will be a formal rose border (made up of different varieties of roses from other parts of the yard along with the trellis and fence sections)
while I enjoy the view of wildflowers backed by roses

The trellis that I plan to re use is to the left of the bottom photo. My plan uses both the trellis and the climbing roses that are growing on it now. I'm excited about the idea of pulling this out, painting it wildflower blue and making it the centerpiece of the new rose border surrounded by some old sections of wrought iron fence that used to be near the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment