Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Solitude

Here are a few thoughts on the subject from one of my old notebooks/scrapbooks:

Do you ever have a day when it's been SO long since the phone rang that you find yourself picking up the receiver to see if it's still working?

The only difference between blissful solitude and aching loneliness is whether or not you had a choice in the matter.

Like many things in life, it all comes down to attitude and that old cliche' about mind over matter. I've forgotten the old quote along with a lot of other things that used to float around in my mind.

I'm more focused now and with that clarity I've pushed a lot of the nonsense aside. It's like scrubbing the graffiti of walls and clearing the space with a fresh coat of paint to make room for new and better things.

It took me years to get to this point and I hope "it" will have been worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment