Translate

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Putting the flowers to bed

 I start putting my flower beds down a bit early because I'm never sure how well I'll be getting around or how long I'll be able to work. These flowers came from several locations around the front yard before I mowed down that strip of lilies and yellow cone flowers along the edge of my driveway. (Don't worry, I saved the seed from the old, dried flower heads before I mowed. I even put them back after I'd shaken the seed out so that any remaining seed is turned into the dirt and clippings with the mulching mower).
 Surprisingly there was quite a bit of color left in the yard so I arranged and photographed the flowers before getting ready to draw and paint them.
 Yes, those are a couple of blank canvas panels being used as a plain background so that I'll get a chance to "play" with these photos in the computer and see what else I can do with them.
 I think they'll be fun to work with, don't you?
I

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I have been doing the same thing! Up at the fishing resort up north I painted on red maple and oak leaves and birch bark I found in the yard. FUN
    I have huge suncflowers too, taller than Mike!

    ReplyDelete