Translate

Friday, December 14, 2012

15 row crochet hat


After a big project I like to relax with this fast and easy hat. the pattern I use is out of an old book from the 1980's but any hat pattern will work. The real trick is in choosing a yarn that you can use with a size J or K hook. It's all done in double crochet stitch so that speeds everything up as well.

An easy way to make sure it's going to be the right size is to lay it on top of a hat that fits or that you like. By holding it up against a finished hat you can tell if you're getting too wide or too narrow and you can increase or decrease wherever it needs it without having to think about it too much.The best thing is that it will be easy to tell when it's wide or long enough without having to count or stitches or rows.

There are several different charities that I donate these to and I'll be taking this one to crochet group with me next week. Most of them stay right in the neighborhood and I think that's kind of nice too.

I'm planing to sit down with some drawing books tomorrow and go back to trying to teach myself to draw dogs.

Moving between projects keeps things from getting boring and moves the day along pretty fast.

1 comment:

  1. I am crocheting and trying to learn to knit now. Can be frustrating. Your hat is nice.

    ReplyDelete