Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Enjoying the ride

It was was relaxing and fun just to spend the day with my mail and draw all around and on my letters. It gave me some practice drawing things that I don't usually do and kept the letters interesting both for those I write to and for me because I sometimes get bored or frustrated when trying to draw something new. It helps to "blow off steam" and write "I hate this" or "can you believe what this looks like?" and it gives them the chance to say "I've got her very first drawing of that".

I don't like being bad at something but I'm willing to risk it and keep trying new things instead of getting stuck with the easy "go to" subjects or projects.

I don't know where I'm going with it and I really don't care, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Today I'm back to carving and painting horses but with a new twist. I can't afford to buy Christmas presents this year (or food ...or clothes...or anything like a lot of the rest of the country) so I'll be doing horses is some really unusual themes to go with everyone's collections.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment