Translate

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Project update

it's good to be back to work at the table:

DRAWING- Most of the drawings have been on peoples letters so I haven't bothered to scan them

CROCHETING- I just finished a hat and have gone back to making scarves

SEWING- I'm sorting fabrics and deciding what I want to work on next

EMBROIDERY- I'm still finishing the outside pieces for a tote bag that I'm making

It helped to clear off the table for a while and get everything sorted and organized. There are fewer projects on the table now but I'm getting a lot more done.

Christmas sales were disappointing so I've gone back to reading "Affirmations for artists by Eric Maisil" it was encouraging to  be reminded that "Artists...do work that is difficult and often fails,they compete in a marketplace that provides few of them a living wage" it's not just me.

The next description reminds me a bit of myself and makes me smile, I hope you enjoy it too.
"The artist at her best-wild,passionate, rebellious and humane-is often too large and truthful a creature for society's taste. The artist at her most outlandish-profane, eccentric, even a little mad-is at least as disquieting a figure. In neither case can she walk the streets with impunity: her grandeur and her strangeness make her a target. Her task is to become a successful eccentric, a strange but wise duck able to venture out of solitary confinement and mingle among society"

Now that I'm back to the studio it may be a while before I venture out in the real world again but right now I'm thinking that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment