Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A busy worktable

There's still a lot of carving sanding and painting going on with the dala horses which is a challenge because I'm still trying to get that new tablecloth hemmed and mend the lining on my winter coat. I hate to have all the  fabric projects around the sawdust but there aren't a lot of other options right now.
I'm also pulled by the sunflower painting that I started last summer and hoping to get back to work on that soon.
In between that I'm attempting to get some drawings and watercolors done while dealing with the house and family issues.
I'm luckier than a lot of people because most of my days are pretty uncomplicated. That may just be part of the obsession that comes with being an artist. Your often so "into" what you're doing that you're simply unaware of anyone or anything else. It makes me a lousy wife, friend, sister,and aunt. I regret that but I'm either unable or unwilling to change now.

No comments:

Post a Comment