Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Between Projects

The time/space between projects is interesting because aside from the boring things like cleaning up, assessing damage and deciding where to start next, there are plans, dreams and ideas that propel you into the next project.

I was a bit disappointed with this years effort at a new valentine design so I reworked a few areas, forgave myself and moved on.

The knitting themed horse was fun and easy. The reason that both sides are so completely different was that I couldn't decide whether to show the yarn loose or wound into a tight ball. Now that I've completed it and set it aside I've decided that the best design will be somewhere in between so I'm sanding another horse and may try again with a different assortment of colors.

I managed to get the dishes done and can see my kitchen counter again, laundry was boring but is all caught up and as I continue to clean house I'm trying to decide which of the 4 or 5 projects on my worktable to do next.

In between all of that I came up with a few exciting ideas on Zazzle. I'm the only person I know of who's stores are full of things I've actually made myself:

1.paintings
2.drawings
3.patchwork
4.quilting
5.embroidery
6.photography
7.crochet
8.mixed media

What excites me now is the idea that I can take all of these things and make them into lots of other kinds of things.

The creativity just keeps coming and the work seems to have a life of it's own that will go on long after I'm gone. It just doesn't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment