Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Six things to know about a blank canvas


 Things to remember about a blank canvas:
1. It's only canvas and wood, nothing to be afraid of.
2. It works for you and will become whatever you make of it.
3.  It doesn't matter how or where you start.
4. It doesn't matter what tools you use.
5. It doesn't matter what type or colors of paint you use.
6. all that matters is that you start the journey and see where it takes you.


I like to grab the first few tubes of paint in my box, just grab, don't choose and Yes, I start applying it with my hands. In this case I started with  the 4 dark corners and lighter colors to the center thinking that I may want some backgrounds ready for floral paintings when the flowers start blooming again.


At this point I start using brushes and palette knives to knock off any high points or deep ridges and begin to smooth things out a bit.


This will be the direction the canvas will go when it's eventually filled with a vase of flowers. It's got a long way to go before it will be ready but the important thing is that it's off to a good start.

1 comment:

  1. like it/ you have such great ways to do things- got to be your artistic abiblities!

    ReplyDelete