Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Art, crafts, life and a blue horse

I keep wanting to start a painting but continue doing wooden horses because I've got a chance to send them to a sale next month and any money earned will be needed for supplies before I can get back to art.

For me there really isn't a difference between art and crafts but there's a lot of debate on the subject. I really don't care what people call things because everything I do is creative in one way or another.

Yes, I enjoy some things more than others but even cleaning and organizing the parts of the dining room that I use for studio space has been an exercise in composition, balance, function and color and the results are beautiful to me.

Doing the little wooden horses allows me to relax, try new brushes or brushstrokes and play with pattern and color . In a way its an exercise that limbers me up and gets me ready for the paintings to come.

The lovely thing is that selling the horses allows me to buy more brushes and things when needed so that I can continue to paint. It all works very nicely together whether people respect it or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment