Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Flowers

I spent a few hours shopping for and arranging silk flowers today and all I cold think of is how nice it will be when there are fresh flowers in the garden again. I spend more time growing, drawing and painting them but it really feeds my spirit in a way that fake ones just can't.
Next winter I'll need to get some blooming houseplants to get me through the season in style.


Here's some of the stuff I picked up at a local Dollar Store to arrange in vases over at a local senior center. You don't need to pay a lot for flowers but you do need to select them carefully. Make sure no blossoms are missing, soiled or damaged. Sometimes there will actually be perforated edges because the manufacturer has cut all the way to the selvage edge of the fabric.


I made this out of some items they had on hand over there and we'll use that later in the year. Rearranging and reusing materials is a great way to save money and to keep things interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment