Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Easy ways to sow seed in the flower garden even if you have limited mobility


My best friend in the garden these days is the old dandelion weeder. The handle is just the right height to use as a walking stick or a cane and the weeding tip makes getting across grass and uneven ground easier and safer. The other thing that really helps is making sure you've got somewhere to sit and rest up near your work area so that you don't have to walk too far or be on your feet too long.


An odd assortment of rakes, weeders and cultivators come in handy.


I started by raking out this old lily border then using a little weeder here and there. With the soil around the lilies stirred up a bit I was ready to start planting seed.


 I began with a mix of wildflower seeds, dropping and spreading them about with one of the weeders. That whole process stirred them in a bit and got the border off to a good start.


The next step was to poke my little dandelion weeder in the ground here and there to make some holes to plant the sunflowers in and then drew it across them to cover the seed. This is going to be a pretty wild border because on top of all of that I surface seeded poppies.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks designed for sharing such a fastidious thought, article
    is fastidious, thats why i have read it fully

    Here is my website :: Seo Campaign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this and I look forward to writing more about it and sharing photos as this border blooms this summer and I start drawing and painting the flowers I've grown.

      Delete