Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Friendship Gardens


These chives are all that remains of the dish pan full that a friend in her 80's brought to my garden back in the 1980's. I've given away so many of them and taken some along on 3 moves in the decades since then but each season I stop and remember Ruth and he kindness along with all of the other things that made her fun to know.


  I keep the soil mix in my pots nice and loose so that I can just reach in and grab any of the plants that I'd like to move so it makes transplanting easy.


I broke off the tops of the plants about 3 inches away from the roots  and placed them in a planter box in between my new strawberry plants. This little box is going to be pretty full this summer. The green towers will be full of peas and there are radishes planted around the edges of it.


Here's a little closer view with the chives in place.

As I mentioned at the start of the post, all gardens a Friendship Gardens because gardeners by nature are always sharing or trading extra plants, seeds and advice. Growing relationships as well as gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment