Translate

Monday, May 6, 2013

Planter box,trellis, strawberries, cucumbers, peas, lettuce, carrots and radishes in a small space


I got some help filling this and attaching the trellis. The climbing roses will be planted at the base of it and the box itself has been filled with strawberries and topped with a cover to keep some of the larger animals from bothering them until the plants have a chance to get established well enough that we don't have to worry about anything pulling them out.

The roses will be planted in the ground outside the box so on the inside of the trellis I planted a few peas and cucumbers.

Around the other three sides of the planter I put in lettuce, carrots and radishes. This box will be crowded when all of the plants get going good but if it's really full of good plants there's less room left for weeds.

I've always over planted and have had pretty good luck with it. Some years are better than others but that's usually because of the weather or my choices of plant varieties. I'm trying several new ones this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how everything works out this season.

5 comments:

  1. Would it bе ok if I quοte a few of уouг articles рrovіԁing I pгoviԁе cгeԁit and sourcеѕ back tο blogger.
    com? Ϻу blog is in the еxact ѕame
    niche аs your site and mу readers would undoubtedly gain frоm a lοt of the infoгmation уοu offer herе.
    Feеl frеe to let mе κnow іf this іѕ οκаy with
    you.
    Rеgards

    Mу sіte; proveedor de servicios Internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Тhank yоu ѕo much for this. Ӏ'm a blogger coming from Schiedam, Netherlands and what I just read here on blogger.com couldn't bе said any better.
    Perusing thіs informatіon kinda геminds me of
    mу сollege roommate, Gгacie.
    Hе always κept preаching about thіѕ.
    I moѕt certainly will sеnd thesе ideas to him.
    I'm certain he will have a very good read. I appreciate you for sharing this.

    Stop by my site :: 4538

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eager to find out what your college roommate thought thought of my post and the projects that we're doing here. Thanks for your comment and interest in my blog.

      Delete
  3. Hey thеre, my name is Bell and I'm a fellow blogger out of Wilihof, Switzerland. I like what you guys are up to. Coming upon blogger.com was refreshing and helpful in terms of writing and work. Keep up the nice work guys: I’ve put you guys on my blogroll. I believe it will increase the worth of my own blog.

    Feel free to visit my web site; backyard pizza oven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed our blog enough to want to share it. I hope your blog goes well too.

      Delete