Translate

Monday, June 3, 2013

Painting your walker, paints to use and design ideas


There are a lot of design opportunities when painting your walker. Each section could be painted a different way or you could do the whole thing the same. I'm starting with a few daisies on the top of one side.


The only rule is to use a craft paint that is intended for outdoor use on metal. There are a lot of colors available and most are under two or three dollars a bottle. I had some on hand because I also use the outdoor paints for my birdhouses and garden decorations. They're also what I'm using on dala horses these days.

1 comment:

  1. I started painting directly on the walker as it was and had some of the paint scratch off when dragging the hose or tools around on it. I think results would be more permanent if you de-gloss the surface first...or if you didn't treat your walker as roughly as I do.

    ReplyDelete