Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Easiest Berry Picking from a walker and bench


The raspberries were never supposed to be planted here. I just dropped some baby bushes and plants behind the studio one year that I was just to tired to deal with them. Since then they've gone crazy and taken up  about a twelve by fifteen foot section of the yard. Each year I try to move a few bushes and give a lot of them away but they just keep coming.


I grabbed the mower last night and tried to cut a path into this and then started cutting down some of the branches in my way with a long handled pruner.


The basket on the walker comes in handy as a garden cart to haul anything that you need it to.


It's handy to have an outdoor work table and this bench is in the perfect place because I can just flip it around when I want to pick the carrots and peas growing in large pots behind it.


Today of course I'm using it to pick black raspberries from the canes that I cut off out in the backyard.




I think I did pretty well today and these should be enough for 2 or 3 jars of freezer jam as soon as I get a chance to get rested up and moving better again. It was nice to sit over here and pick the berries because there weren't as many mosquito's to bother me and there was a nice breeze which had been blocked out in the berry patch.


It worked out a little better than I thought and made just over 3 jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment