Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Garden and project updates

I've cut flowers for a couple other people since I've posted here and never got around to taking pictures of them. I finished crocheting a hat and donated that to the homeless and repainted the roof of the Iris birdhouse a nice shade of lavender which really brightens things up in the garden. The new location for that birdhouse is on the front corner of the yard near the yellow one. Since the Iris birdhouse was on a shorter shepherds hook I placed that in one of my biggest planters which holds a hosta and landscape rock so that there's still color in that pot when you don't see the plant. I haven't had time to get out and take pictures but plan to soon.
Meanwhile, out in the veggie garden the peas had slowed down and were looking really stresses from the heat so I picked what was there and then pulled the plants to make room for everything else in the garden.
The cucumbers and carrots seem to be coming along nicely and I'm transplanting the rest of the lettuce to a cooler location in the yard. So far it seems to have tolerated the move well. I even potted up some of it to give to friends that live in apartments and miss picking something fresh from the garden.
Aside from trying to get my own garden under control I've been helping someone with the landscaping on their new place. I was surprised to discover that several stores have already closed their garden centers for the season and have been to about 1/2 dozen places looking for just the right gazing ball as an accent piece on this project.
I'm sure there are a number of other things going on just now but I haven't had my coffee yet and will probably think of them after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment