Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Turning lawn furniture into garden art


Now that I've got things more or less where I want them in the front yard it's time for a pop of color to make things really fun. Painting the sections of this chair different colors makes it even more interesting because you see the mechanics behind it. I'll be adding purple and maybe even more colors to this chair as I continue to work on it.


As with most of my furniture I use a few black and white borders and areas between the bright colors to break things up a bit. I've been doing this for decades and feel that it comes from my love of quilting. It's a way of visually stitching the colors together.


There's something about this combination of colors that makes me want to party, how about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment