Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today's Sunflower painting in progress


I'm using a 11x14 inch canvas panel and acrylic paints to attempt to capture some of the sunflowers that I grew and photographed this summer.


I shot these photos with and without a flash to see which would show the colors more accurately but I've forgotten which was which
.

Here's a scan of the painting at the point that I stopped working on it for the day. I'm STILL worn out and may not get back to it until tomorrow.

I'm happy to say that it appears that my technique has improved quite a lot from the sunflower paintings I did last season. I'm not the best judge of that so I'm hoping you'll comment and share your opinions on the subject-Thanks

1 comment:

  1. A very "happy" sunflower. Excellent work. I can feel the warmth.

    ReplyDelete